HPE Q2078A LTO 8 Tapes
HP LTO-8 Ultrium Tape can write or read data up to a blistering 900 MB/second, storing, encrypting and protecting up to 12TB (up to 30TB compressed) on a single cartridge.
Good News! The shortage of LTO 8's is over.
In early August, Sony and Fujifilm settled the patent infringement lawsuit that had stopped production and distribution of LTO 8 tape media. The terms of the settlement were not disclosed but production of LTO 8 tapes will resume and we are hoping to see supplies of LTO 8 tapes by the end of September 2019. Fujifilm and Sony currently manufacture LTO 8 tapes for all brands (IBM, Quantum, HPE and of course Sony and Fuji).
Can You Email Me When You Receive LTO 8 Tape Stock?
Yes, we will be happy to email you. All you need to do is sign up for our "Notify Me When Back In Stock" feature by clicking the link below.
- LTO-7 tape media can be used in LTO 8 tape drives and has an uncompressed storage capacity of 6TB and a compressed capacity of up to 15TB.
- Also, new, unused LTO 7 tape can be formatted as “M8” tape. LTO-7 "Type M media" is a new LTO-7 tape format with an "M8" label - when initialized it can hold up to 9TB native capacity. Representing the lowest cost per TB option available for use with LTO-8 drives.
Features and Benefits
- Capacity of 12 TB and up to 30 TB compressed capacity on HP StoreEver and non-HP LTO-8 devices.
- Supports transfer speeds of 360 MB/s (native) and up to 900 MB/s (2.5:1) with Generation 8
- Barium Ferrite (BaFe) technology
- Support for tape drive hardware encryption
- Compatible with Linear Tape File System (LTFS)
- Simplified tape path to reduce wear and tear.
Prices valid for US End Users Only