HPE Q2078A LTO 8 Tapes
HP LTO-8 Ultrium Tape can write or read data up to a blistering 900 MB/second, storing, encrypting and protecting up to 12TB (up to 30TB compressed) on a single cartridge.
Shortage of LTO Ultrium 8 Tapes
There is currently a shortage of LTO 8 tape media. The shortage is due to a patent infringement lawsuit between Fujifilm and Sony. It is unclear when this will be resolved but current predictions are that the shortage will remain until the second quarter of 2019. Fujifilm and Sony currently manufacture LTO 8 tapes for all brands (IBM, Quantum, HPE and of course Sony and Fuji).
- LTO-7 tape media can be used in LTO 8 tape drives and has an uncompressed storage capacity of 6TB and a compressed capacity of up to 15TB.
- Also, new, unused LTO 7 tape can be formatted as “M8” tape. LTO-7 "Type M media" is a new LTO-7 tape format with an "M8" label - when initialized it can hold up to 9TB native capacity. Representing the lowest cost per TB option available for use with LTO-8 drives.
Features and Benefits
- Capacity of 12 TB and up to 30 TB compressed capacity on HP StoreEver and non-HP LTO-8 devices.
- Supports transfer speeds of 360 MB/s (native) and up to 900 MB/s (2.5:1) with Generation 8
- Barium Ferrite (BaFe) technology
- Support for tape drive hardware encryption
- Compatible with Linear Tape File System (LTFS)
- Simplified tape path to reduce wear and tear.
Prices valid for US End Users Only