Fuji LTO 7 Ultrium Tape
The Fujifilm LTO Ultrium 7 Tape cartridge is produced with Barium Ferrite magnetic particles. The LTO Ultrium 7 cartridge has a storage capacity of 6TB native and up to 15TB with a transfer rate of up to 400 megabytes per second. LTO Ultrium 7 hardware incorporates the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) and Fujifilm LTO 7 tape cartridges are capable of long life archive for over 30 years.
FujiFilm Free Tape Promotion
From June 1 - July 31, 2017, for each purchase of 100 Fujifilm LTO Ultrium 7 data tapes receive 10 free Fujifilm LTO Ultrium 7 data tapes (limit 20 cartridges per end user)!
Learn More FujiFilm LTO 7 Free Tape Promotion
Features and Benefits
- Storage Capacity of 6TB (native) and up to 15TB compressed
- Supports transfer speeds of 300 MB/s (native), 750 MB/s (2.5:1) with Generation 7
- Barium Ferrite (BaFe) technology
- Compatible with Linear Tape File System (LTFS)
- Superior 'smart grabber' mechanism and mechanical interlock to prevent the leader pin from being pulled inside the tape housing (a key weakness of DLT media). Sensors detect proper connection and prevent leader loss that would ruin the tape.
- Simplified tape path to reduce wear and tear.
Excellent read/write property: By adopting Barium Ferrite, Fujifilm LTO7 tapes have higher coercvity, lower noise compared to older generations. Over time the recording head of a well-used drives start to wear down leading to a drop in performance. However, since Fujifilm's LTO7 with Barium Ferrite, from a system performance point of view, has more margin compared to metal particle tapes (measured using Fuji manufactured tapes), it can be read/written more accurately on these older drives.
Long Archival Life: Barium Ferrite is chemically stable (already oxidized) and does not easily get demagnetized by outside energy. Therefore magnetic tape using Barium Ferrite is said to have a longer archival life of more than 30 years based on Fujifilm's acceleration tests.