Verbatim M-DISC BD-R DL 50GB 6X with Branded Surface in Jewel Case
Features and Benefits
- Anticipated lifetime of several hundred years (based on ISO/IEC 16963 testing)
- Blu-Ray Dual Layer disc with 50GB storage capacity
- M-DISC use a patented rock-like recording surface instead of traditional organic dye to etch your records.
- Stored data is engraved - and is impervious to environmental exposure, including light, temperature and humidity
- Withstood rigorous testing for durability by US Department of Defense
- 10-Year Limited Warranty from Verbatim
Using M-Disc - M-DISC Blu-ray discs are compatible with any Blu-ray writer. If you are buying a new drive, look for the M-DISC logo on the box.
Verbatim M-Disc optical media is the new standard for digital archival storage. Unlike traditional optical media, which utilize dyes that can break down over time, data stored on an M-Disc is engraved on a patented inorganic write layer – it will not fade or deteriorate. This unique engraving process renders these archival grade discs practically impervious to environmental exposure, including light, temperature and humidity.
ISO/IEC 16963 standard longevity tests have proven the durability of M-Disc technology, and it withstood rigorous testing by the US Department of Defense. Based on ISO/IEC 16963 testing, M-Disc media has a projected lifetime of several hundred years.
Verbatim M-Disc BD-R DL media have a storage capacity of 50GB – allowing you to use fewer discs while archiving your files.