Tandberg RDX® QuikStation™ 8 (4xGb Ethernet - No Media)
Highly flexible and highly performant removable disk appliance
Features and Benefits
- Easy to Setup and Use - Start protecting data fast, no special knowledge or training required.
- Based on RDX Removable Disk - RDX is teh standard for removable disk media RDX delivers the removability and durability of tape with the random access and performance of disk.
- 8 individual RDX drives - Use as 8 individual iSCSI targets with simultaneous read/write capability or as individual media locations within an emulated library.
- Protected mode for logical volume configurations - Ensures high data availability by providing fault tolerance of RDX media
- Network Attached RDX - Simple installation & deployment utilizing existing infrastructure and widespread networking expertise. Perfect solution for consolidating multiple RDX operations.
- 4-Gigabit Ethernet (1GbE) ports, failover bonded - Provides high availability and highly flexible network connectivity.
- Integrated web-based management - Using a multi-lingual standard web browser from anywhere in the world: manage, control, automatic firmware update, diagnose, and configure security.
- Compatible with major backup software packages - Facilitates easy integration into existing data protection infrastructures. Compatible with Windows®, Linux, and Mac OS and major backup packages.
- RDX Media is not included
- Warranty - Three-year Advanced Replacement Service by Tandberg Data
The Tandberg RDX QuikStation 8 is an iSCSI network-attached removable disk appliance designed to provide a flexible platform for data protection and off site disaster recovery for physical or virtual SMB and SME environments. The RDX QuikStation 8 provides 8 integrated RDX drives. Combined with Tandberg Data’s 4TB RDX media, the system provides up to 32TB of online capacity and unlimited offline capacity.
The highly flexible RDX QuikStation allows users to configure the unit as:
- 8 individual RDX QuikStor drives in removable and fixed disk mode (addressable via 1 to 8 hosts)
- 2 Logical Volumes with up to 4 RDX Drives** (addressable via 2 hosts)
- 1 Logical Volume with up to 8 RDX Drives** (addressable via 1 host)
- Emulated StorageLoader™ (8 slots and 1 LTO tape drive)*
- Emulated StorageLibrary™ T24 (8 slots and 2 LTO tape drives)*
- Emulated disk autoloader (8 slots and 1 drive)
- 1 hybrid configuration that offers a combination of a LTO StorageLoader and 4 RDX targets
RDX QuikStation 8 Advantages
The RDX QuikStation provides removable data protection for any or many systems on the same network. The removable disk appliance emulates different configurable storage types, offering users versatility and expanded compatibility. The RDX-based appliance can look like a tape library or autoloader, virtual RDX drives, logical volumes, or a combination of tape and disk.
High Performing iSCSI Network Storage
QuikStation 8 is offered in two network configuration models. For high performance and resiliency, a model with four bonded Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) ports with load balancing and failover capabilities is available. The second model is equipped with an additional 10GbE port for maximum performance requirements.
Overcome Capacity Limitations and Data Availability
By spanning RDX drives in the QuikStation together, the capacity limitation of one single RDX media volume can be extended, but still maintain all RDX benefits of removability and protection of data. In addition, QuikStation 8 offers protected modes for spanned disk volumes with a fault tolerance of either 1 or 2 RDX media to ensure full data availability.
Built-in web-based management with multi language support is accessible from any standard web browser and offers user-friendly control, automated firmware updates, management, operation, status and security.