Tandberg Data 3TB RDX Cartridge QuickStor (8807-RDX)
Features and Benefits
- Capacity: 3TB uncompressed and up to 6TB compressed.
- 2.5-inch SATA HDD (Hard Disk Drive) in a durable shock protected cartridge design tested to withstand up to a one meter drop
- Compatible with all RDX (USB 2.0 and SATA drives will need frirmware upgrade from the manufacturer get more info)
- Sealed HDD within anti-static cartridge
- No Cleaning - No mechanical parts which require cleaning
- 3-year Limited Warranty from Tandberg
The Tandberg 3TB RDX QuikStor solution is fully backward and forward compatible with all RDX Systems, so you protect your investment in both the drive and the media. The RDX cartridge is incredibly rugged and shock resistant to accommodate accidental falls from the rack or desk.
The performance of the RDX cartridges differ, with hard disk drives reading and writing data between 60 and 100MB/s Tandberg RDX cartridges are specified for 5,000 load/unload cycles, providing years of daily use.
Instructions for using 3TB RDX disc or larger RDX Media
If you have a USB3.0 or USB3+ Drives:
- These drives work with the new 3TB media. It is recommended to download and install the newest RDX Utility software (v1.57).
If you have an RDX USB 2.0 Drive:
- Please download and install the newest RDX Utility software
- Download and load the newest Firmware to your drive (Int: v30.57, Ext: v20.57)!
If you have an RDX SATA Drive:
- Be Aware that 3TB media is not supported in ATA/IDE mode! You need to change to AHCI mode in your BIOS settings.
- Do not load the latest Firmware into your drive until you are sure, that your System is working in AHCI mode! You won't be able to access the drive from your system if you have loaded the newest firmware without switching to AHCI-mode!
- Suggestions for interoperability with 3TB and larger cartridges on SATA RDX drives
- Please switch your system to AHCI mode in your BIOS settings if not already done!
- Download and install the newest RDX Utility software (v1.57)!
- Download and load the newest Firmware to your drive (v00.83)! See also the following knowledge base article: Using 3TB and larger Media capacities on RDX® QuikStor™
- See also the following knowledge base article: Using 3TB and larger Media capacities on RDX® QuikStor™
Windows - Special Considerations for Partitioning of 3TB and Larger Cartridges on Windows
Mac OS X - Special Considerations for Partitioning of 3TB and Larger Cartridges on Mac OS XClose ×