Sony LTO 4 Tapes (LTX800G) LTO Ultrium 4 Tape Data Cartridge
LTO Ultrium 4 format is aimed at supporting the ever increasing storage capacity requirements, holding 800GB (native) and 1.6TB (compressed) of data on one cartridge. One does not need to compromise performance with the higher capacity, as LTO Ultrium 4 brings data transfer rates of 120MB/s (native) and 240MB/s (compressed).
Features of the LTO Ultrium 4 data cartridge
- Storage capacity of 800GB native and up to 1.6TB compressed.
- Increased storage capacity achieved by increasing recording tracks (LTO3: 704 to LTO4: 896) and y utilizing a thinner and longer length tape.
- Manufactured with a newly developed fine magnetic particles and a higher thermal stability binder. In order to maximize performance, an improved dispersing technology for the finer magnetic particles was introduced.
- Nnewly developed thin-layer coating technology and a smoother surface coating process. This allows the LTO4 cartridge to have a low error rate and stable output under various operating conditions.
- Stable magnetic servo signal writing technology and newly-developed high-rigid and high-accuracy cartridge molding technology, offers the higher reliability required by data backup systems by achieving stable write/read characteristics.