RiData M-Disc Blu-Ray Disc (BD-R)
RiDATA M-DISC BD-R is a new permanent storage solution. M-Disc is a new standard in digital storage media. M-DISC Blu Ray is backed by the technology and specifications of Millenniata U.S.A. The M-DISC Blu-Ray technology allows for saving and protecting the data by etching them into a rock-like material. Once the information is etched into the rock-like layer, the storage life has been proven to be 1000 years! Now, you can rest assured that your valuable information is safely stored with M-DISC Blu-Ray.
Features and Benefits
- Permanent Recordable Blu-ray Disc (BD-R)
- Capacity 25GB
- Recording Speed: up to 4x
- Highest Quality Archival Disc
- M-DISC Blu Ray uses a patented rock-like recording surface instead of traditional organic dye to etch your records.
- Longevity: Up to 1,000 years*
- The M-Disc data layer is composed entirely by inorganic materials and compounds, including metals and metalloids.
- Backward Compatible: M-DISC Blu-Ray can be read by most existing Blu-Ray drives or players. M-Disc must be recorded on an M-Disc Blu-Ray Ready™ Drive.**
RiDATA M-DISC BD-R disc are built to tough, protecting data from various environmental factors including light, heat or humidity. Moreover, M-DISC Blu-Ray will not degrade over time and is designed for everyday use. Its toughness and endurance has been well proven by multiple testing, including those performed by the U.S. Department of Defense. Those test result conclude the M-Disc Blu-Ray will last for centuries. Once written to, the M-Disc cannot be overwritten or erased. You are also able to read your M-disc in any DVD drive
M-Disc are perfect for: Government agencies, business, educational institutions, religious institutes and consumers that need to permanently archive large quantities of digital information
*According to accelerated aging experiments, DATA on M-DISC could be simulated to preserve in normal environment (71.6 °F (25°C) and 50% Relative Humidity) for 1,000 years.
** Because M-DISC BD is manufactured by the newest technology, you need to use the
M-DISC Blu-Ray READY™ Drive to write your files. The M-DISC READY™ Drive is different
from regular DVD writers because it is designed to make permanent physical changes
(etching) to the rock-like data layer of the M-DISC™. Many computer manufacturers
worldwide, such as LG, Acer, and Dell, already offer the BluRay M-DISC READY™ Drive
as an option within their systems. Look for M-DISC™ compatible drives with the following