Quantum LTO 8 Tapes MR-L8MQN-01
Quantum LTO 8 Tape media cartridges are manufactured to the highest industry standards for quality and reliability, ensuring low error rates, high performance and long-term durability. Quantum LTO 8 media allows you to archive your data with confidence.
Shortage of LTO Ultrium 8 Tapes
There is currently a shortage of LTO 8 tape media. The shortage is due to a patent infringement lawsuit between Fujifilm and Sony. It is unclear when this will be resolved but current predictions are that the shortage will remain until late 2018. Fujifilm and Sony currently manufacture LTO 8 tapes for all brands (IBM, Quantum, HPE and of course Sony and Fuji).
- LTO-7 tape media can be used in LTO 8 tape drives and has an uncompressed storage capacity of 6TB and a compressed capacity of up to 15TB.
- Also, new, unused LTO 7 tape can be formatted as “M8” tape. LTO-7 "Type M media" is a new LTO-7 tape format with an "M8" label - when initialized it can hold up to 9TB native capacity. Representing the lowest cost per TB option available for use with LTO-8 drives.
Features and Benefits
- High Storage Capacity of 12TB and up to 30 TB compressed capacity.
- Supports transfer speeds of 360 MB/s (native), 900 MB/s (2.5:1) with Generation 8
- Barium Ferrite (BaFe) technology
- Support for tape drive hardware encryption
- Compatible with Linear Tape File System (LTFS)
- Simplified tape path to reduce wear and tear.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty from Quantum