Quantum LTO 8 Tape - 20 Tape Library Pack (MR-L8MQN-20)
Good News! The shortage of LTO 8's is over.
In early August, Sony and Fujifilm settled the patent infringement lawsuit that had stopped production and distribution of LTO 8 tape media. The terms of the settlement were not disclosed but production of LTO 8 tapes will resume and we are hoping to see supplies of LTO 8 tapes by the end of September 2019. Fujifilm and Sony currently manufacture LTO 8 tapes for all brands (IBM, Quantum, HPE and of course Sony and Fuji).
Can You Email Me When You Receive LTO 8 Tape Stock?
Yes, we will be happy to email you. All you need to do is sign up for our "Notify Me When Back In Stock" feature by clicking the link below.
- LTO-7 tape media can be used in LTO 8 tape drives and has an uncompressed storage capacity of 6TB and a compressed capacity of up to 15TB.
- Also, new, unused LTO 7 tape can be formatted as “M8” tape. LTO-7 "Type M media" is a new LTO-7 tape format with an "M8" label - when initialized it can hold up to 9TB native capacity. Representing the lowest cost per TB option available for use with LTO-8 drives.
Features and Benefits
- 20 Quantum LTO 8 Tapes without individual protective tape cases but with sturdy plastic case that hold 20 tapes
- Storage Capacity per tape of 12TB uncompressed and up to 20TB compressed
- Compatible with Linear Tape File System (LTFS)
- 30 Year Archival Life
- Higher capacity per volume requires less library cartridge capacity and helps reduce backup windows by requiring less volume mounts
- Library pack does not include individual cases or barcode labels
- Barcode Labels are NOT included
This Quantum library pack comes in a sturdy plastic case with 20 - LTO 8 tapes without their individual packaging. The sturdy plastic case is designed with separate partitions to protect your tapes against physical damage from transportation or poor storage conditions. It is ideal for stacking and facilitates easy identification of the storage tapes through the see-through transparent case.