Imation RDX External USB 3.0 Docking Station
The Best Features of Disk and Tape
Imation makes data backups easier, more reliable, more secure and now even faster. The RDX Removable Hard Disk Storage System now features certified USB 3.0 SuperSpeed. Imation RDX USB 3.0 is backward compatible with USB 2.0 systems, while delivering transfer rates of up to 230MB/s (USB 3.0).
Benefits and Features
- Performance - Backup, restore faster: random access enables quicker backups and restoration, USB 3.0 SuperSpeed provides high transfer rates
- Expandable - Grow storage as needed: disk capacities include 160 GB, 320 GB, 500 GB, 640 GB, 750 GB and 1TB (the highest capacity RDX media currently available); forward compatible with higher capacities
- Interchangeable - Easily access data: RDX media is compatible and interchangeable with all RDX and RD1000 removable hard disk docks, including the Dell PowerVault RD1000
- Simple to use - Save time: RDX device is mounted as a removable disk drive icon, allowing familiar drag-and-drop backup operation
- Software - Includes the full version of EMC® Retrospect® backup and recovery software, featuring password protection and 256-bit AES encryption (U.S. government approved) to help prevent unauthorized users from accessing data.
The RDX system uses rugged, removable disk cartridges and docking stations to back up data like a tape drive, with the instant access of a hard drive. Cartridge capacities range from 160GB to 1TB. RDX is a smart replacement for 4mm, DAT, 8mm, VXA and DLT tape systems. Its enterprise-class features provide the data protection of large IT data centers, so it can support your company as it grows, and at an affordable price. As your data needs expand, simply add more removable disk cartridges — and never run out of space.
Combining the strengths of hard disk drive (HDD) and tape cartridge data storage, the Imation RDX Removable HDD Storage System gives SMBs the performance, capacity and flexibility they need to manage rapid, unpredictable growth in digital content and meet strict industry regulations for retention, retrieval and recovery, and relaying of data—all at an economical price.
And now the RDX Removable HDD Storage System features certified USB 3.0 SuperSpeed. Backward compatible with USB 2.0 systems, the system delivers transfer rates of up to 200MB/s (USB 3.0) and 45MB/s (SATA), while cutting energy costs with intelligent power management.