IBM LTO 5 Tapes (46X1290) LTO Ultrium 5 Tape Data Cartridge
Capacity 1.5TB/3.0TB Compressed
High capacity LTO5 tape media designed for high reliability
Features and Benefits
- Provides 1.5 TB storage capacity up to 3.0 TB with 2:1 compression
- 280MB/Second Data Transfer Rate (compressed)
- Compatible with Linear Tape File System (LTFS)
- 30 Years Estimated Archival Life
- 20,000 Load/Unload Cycle
- Designed to help improve read/write reliability by storing IBM’s statistical media read/write analysis on every use of the cartridge when using IBM LTO tape drives
- Designed to adhere to widely supported Linear Tape-Open (LTO) Ultrium 5 design specifications
- Designed to help improve read/write reliability by storing IBM’s statistical media read/write analysis on every use of the cartridge when used with IBM LTO tape drives
High-capacity media for data storage growth
IBM is delivering high-capacity LTO Generation 5 media that helps provide clients the ability to address the demanding growth in data storage.
Increased cartridge capacity helps reduce the amount of equipment, space and human intervention required for daily tape operations. In addition, it helps reduce the number of cartridges and time associated with backup and restore operations, thus helping lower operational costs.
Features you need
With the IBM LTO Ultrium 5 1.5 TB GB Data Cartridge, IBM continues to focus on providing high quality, high-reliability tape technology for your business. Clients can further protect data by using this high capacity cartridge with LTO 5 encryption enabled drives. These cartridges continue to be part of a long line of IBM data cartridges designed to improve data integrity for organizations around the world.
The cartridges have been optimized and tested extensively for use in IBM LTO tape drives and libraries to help maximize performance, minimize data loss and improve data longevity. They are designed to withstand rigors of of normal use in stand-alone and automated environments. Each cartridge is embedded with an LTO Cartridge Memory (LTO-CM) chip, which is designed to enable fast, simultaneous transfer of cartridge-dependent data with IBM tape drives during media load and unload cycles. The maroon cartridge color helps distinguish it from previous generations of IBM LTO Ultrium Media.
The IBM LTO Ultrium 5 1.5TB Data Cartridge can be used in products featuring LTO Generation 5 tape technology. As your storage needs grow, your data cartridge can continue providing value to help maximize your investment.