HP DDS-2 tape cartridges are tested to extremes on HP DAT drives, making them the optimum choice for customers. Extensive, continuous and rigorous tests are performed in a unique range of environments.
- More than 170,000 tests and 1.3 million hours of testing in 1997
- Climatic tests to evaluate media performance in both volatile and constant environments
- Ambient and dynamic tests to evaluate media performance in normal office conditions, including its reaction to vibration and shock
- Pollutant tests to see how the media reacts to heavy exposure in an accelerated business environment
- Continuous assessment to improve the DDS standard
Testing confirms that HP DDS-2 cartridges can withstand at least 2,000 passes, to provide more than 100 full backups from each data cartridge. Each cleaning cartridge lasts for 50 cleaning cycles. These HP standards exceed the industry benchmarks which qualify manufacturers to use the DDS logo.
Media Type: 4mm
Native Capacity: 4 GB
Compressed Capacity: 8 GB
Length: 120 Meters
Mfgr Product ID: C5707A
Remarks: Minimum Order 5 tapes