Sony 64 Minute HDCAM Tape - BCT-64HDL
The Sony HDCAM Digital Cassette Tape incorporates Sony's advanced metal tape technology for use in the world's first HDCAM format camcorder. The development of a high performance metal tape enables high density recording with a recording wavelength of 0.49um achieving a digital recording length of up to 40 minutes for the small-size cassette, and 124 minutes for the large-size cassette.
Features and Benefits
- Recording Time: 64 min in 60i / 80 min in 24P
- Tape Length: 1,253' (382 m)
- Alumina-Silica layer protects the Metal Particles from oxidation for outstanding archival performance.
- Strong binder system withstands repeated plays and long durations in pause and still modes.
- Superb calendaring renders surface extremely smooth, an important physical attribute for high carrier-to-noise ratio.
- Special lubricant protects the tape surface and maintains optimum tape-to-head contact.
- ABS plastics in cassette shell protect the tape from contamination if dropped.
- Distinctive orange anti-static lid blocks dust, which can cause read/write errors
Since 1997, Sony BCT-HD Series HDCAM® tape has been the workhorse of HD production. BCT-HD excels everywhere from episodic television to high-end field production to news. And BCT-HD has proven itself everywhere from the deserts of Tunisia to the depths of the North Atlantic to the heights of Earth orbit.