Quantum Scalar i3 Tape Library (LSC33-CSE1-L7NA
25 licensed slots, One IBM LTO-7 Tape Drive and 6Gb SAS
The Scalar i3 is a tape library designed for small-to-medium size environments with a feature set focused on saving time and money. The Scalar iLayer management software-proven to reduce management time and improve system uptime-has been fully refreshed for even greater efficiencies and a modern, intuitive user experience. Scalar i3 can scale from 25 cartridge slots up to 200 slots, or 3PB on-demand, simplifying capacity planning and budgeting. And its highly efficient design-with features like the best storage density and 80 PLUS-certified power supplies-allows customers to reduce their tape footprint as part of their backup/Data Recovery strategy and for departmental archives.
Features and Benefits
- 50 Tape Slots (25 Licensed Slots and 25 unlicensed slots (additional slots can be activated with a Capacity-on-Demand (CoD) license)
- 1 - IBM LTO 7 Tape Drive (Expandable to 3 drives)
- Rack Mountable - 3U
- iLayer Intelligent Software - Brings system setup and management to a whole new level of ease, saving valuable time.
- Capacity-on-Demand Growth - Simplifies storage provisioning by scaling capacity quickly and easily, without disruption.
- Best-in-Class Storage Density - Saves valuable data center footprint with the highest tape storage per rack U.
- 80 PLUS Certified Power Supplies - High efficiency, green power supplies minimize power and cooling costs
- Advanced Reporting - Media, drive, and media security reports help balance system resources, improve security, and improve budget and planning. Automated report scheduling and distribution save time.
- High Availability Features - Redundant power supplies and control path failover reduce downtime in the event of failure.
- Proactive Monitoring and Diagnostics - Resolves issues before impacting operations, to maximize system uptime and minimize operational expenses
- Encryption Key Management - FIPS-validated solution with KMIP support makes it easy to manage keys, mitigating risk of lost data. AES 256-bit encryption standard for highest levels of security.
- Quantum Scalar i3 3U library control module with embedded Ethernet, partitioning capability
- 25-slot license (additional slots can be activated with a Capacity-on-Demand (CoD) license)
- 3U rackmount kit
- One IBM LTO-7 Half Height SAS drive
- One power supply
- One 3ft (0.9m) C13-C14 and one 3ft (0.9m) L-5-15 power cords
Requires standard 19in (48.2cm) four-post rack that supports a minimum product depth of 36.4in (925mm) or has an external rack depth at least 42.13in (107.0cm) deep, such as APC AR3100
Does not include SAS or Ethernet cables, media labels or expansion module.
Other types of power cords should be locally sourced.
Scalar i3 tape drives require a mini-SAS-HD 8644 connector on the SAS cable.
Customer installable, but phone-based installation (LSC33-NSYN-PB00) or onsite installation (LSC33-NSYS-000) is recommended by Quantum.
EASE OF USE
The Scalar® i3 tape library is designed for ease of use from initial setup to ongoing management. The Scalar iLayer™ management software, proven to reduce management time and improve system uptime, has been fully refreshed for even greater efficiencies and a modern, intuitive user experience. Its mobile-first user interface design allows library management from anywhere with a network connection on virtually any device.
With features like best-in-class storage density, providing up to 0.75PB in just 3U and up to 3PB in 12U, along with 80 PLUS® certified power supplies, Scalar i3 enables users to reduce their tape footprint and lower their power and cooling costs, ensuring savings on more than just the initial purchase.
Scalar i3 simplifies growth management with a modular design and Capacity-on-Demand (CoD) scalability. It can scale cartridge slots from 25 slots up to 200—instantly—with Expansion units and CoD software licensing, providing compressed capacities from 375TB up to 3PB. And users can add read/write performance as needed, with support for up to 12 tape drives. With the partitioning feature, Scalar i3 can provide data protection and archiving in a single library as a valuable tool to address today’s IT challenges.
The Library Control Unit supports up to a maximum of 50 slots and three tape drives. Supports up to 750TB of storage with compression (300TB native); storage density is 250TB/RU compressed (100TB/RU native). For additional capacity add up to 3 Quantum Scalar i3 3U Expansion Modules.