Quantum LTO-7 Tape Drive, Half Height, Internal, 6Gb/s SAS, 5.25", Black, Bare
Features and Benefits
- Native Capacity 6TB, up to 15TB compressed and up to 120TB using DATASTORE Shield*
- Data Transfer Rate of 300MB/sec native and up to 750MB/sec compressed transfer rate
- Drag and drop files in native format directly to LTO media using LTFS, no backup software needed **
- AES 256-bit data encryption security, WORM functionality, and partitioning capability
- Investment protection with two generations of backward read and one generation of backward write capability
Quantum's LTO 7 tape drives deliver reliable data protection with tremendous capacity and performance at an affordable price. In addition, they use less power than LTO-5 drives, making a "greener" and more energy efficient solution.
Quantum tape drives include DATASTOR Shield™ single server backup software with deduplication to supercharge your backup. Quantum and DATASTOR have teamed up to provide the first backup with deduplication straight to tape. This technology, which reduces backups significantly (up to 20X), allows you to store more data per tape than competitive models.
Features and Benefits of DATASTORE Shield Single Server Backup
- Deduplication Rate: 20:1 (typical)
- Software Compatibility: Windows Only
- Backup Methods: Disk-to-disk-to-tape, disk-to-tape, archive-to-tape in native format
- Upgradeable: Yes to multiple servers, SQL, Exchange, SharePoint,
- Bare Metal, Cloud and other functionality
What's in the Box
- Quantum LTO-7 Tape Drive, Half Height, Internal, 6Gb/s SAS, 5.25", Black, Bare
- Product Documentation
- DataStor Shield single server backup software with deduplication (Windows Only)
Uses SFF8482 SAS connector (integrated power) Not Included.
* Assumes 2.5:1 compression for LTO-7 and LTO-6, 2:1 for LTO-5, 20:1 deduplication for DATASTOR Shield.
** LTFS software for LTO-7 tape drives with Mac and Linux is available now. LTFS software for LTO-7 tape drives with Windows will be available mid-2016. Check the following web page for availability.