INSTEON Starter Kit (2244-234) for Home Automation
Now you can turn your home into a smart home with the Insteon Home Automation Starter Kit. This kit comes with the Insteon Hub and two plug-in Dimmer Modules that allow you to schedule and turn lights on and off using your smartphone, tablet, or Apple Watch. Beyond basic on and off control of your connected items, you can also configure automation schedules and receive push notifications and email alerts. You can also add additional INSTEON components, like cameras and sensors as your home automation needs grow.
Features and Benefits
- Wireless Home Automation & Monitoring
- Includes INSTEON Hub (2nd Generation)
- Includes Two Lamp Dimmer Modules
- Control your devices using your smartphone, tablet, or Apple Watch
- Create Schedules to turn devices by time or by sunset or sunrise.
- Create Scenes that let you control multiple devices simultaneously.
- Automate and Receive Email or Push Notifications
- Add additional controls, cameras and sensors to grow your system
- Compatible with Nest Thermostats
- No Monthly Service Fees
This Kit Saves You over 45% Over Buying the Components Separately
Free Ground Shipping on INSTON
Enter "Ship Free" in the "Special Instructions" section of the Checkout Page and we will remove the shipping charge. Free Shipping applies to all INSTEON products if you purchase a Starter Kit
The INSTEON Starter Kit includes the following:
- One INSTEON Hub (2245-222) - The INSTEON Hub connects to your router and then connects you to your home from any smartphone or tablet. Using the Hub, you can control INSTEON light bulbs, wall switches, outlets and thermostats. Receive instant email or text alerts from motion and water leak sensors while you're away
- Two Dimmer modules (2457D2) - A Dimmer Module is a full-featured plug-in lamp dimmer that can be remotely controlled by any INSTEON controller. Features an adjustable ramp rate, preset dim level and local control. Dual-band technology receives power line and RF commands, and doubles as an Access Point.
The Hub works in combination with your router and smartphone or tablet to control INSTEON devices in your home while you're there or when you're at work and on vacation. Instructions on how to setup remote access are included in the app or you can call and have INSTEON support set it up for you.
Scheule your System
Want to turn on your bedside lamp automatically to help wake you up in the morning? How about turn the porch light on and off automatically with the rise and fall of the sun? No problem.
Create alerts by adding water leak sensors, motion sensors, door/window sensors and more. The INSTEON Hub will send text and email alerts to you as well as anyone else you wish. The Hub also stores the status of these sensors, so you can easily check on your sensors from within the app anytime.
Cloud-based storage of your Configuration.
The INSTEON Hub stores your homes configuration in the cloud which allows access from any number of smartphones and tablets you may own. Want to add another smartphone or tablet? Simply download the app, sign in and all your settings (devices, scenes, icons, timers, etc.) are there to enjoy.
No Monthly Fees
That's right. No monthly fees to view, control and monitor your home. Other systems on the market charge hundreds of dollars a year for services that you can get for free with the INSTEON Hub.
Forward-thinking backwards compatibility.
INSTEON devices take advantage of powerline signaling to remain compatible with legacy X10 devices and controllers. While the INSTEON Hub supports X10, it supports the basic control and scheduling of your X10 devices.
What's in the Box:
- 1 - INSTEON Hub (2245-222)
- 2 - LampLinc 2-pin lamp dimmer modules (2457D2)
- AC power cord, Ethernet cable
- Owner's manual