Sony’s new DVM-63HD HD DVC
Mini DV tape offers the
highest quality recording media for the consumer or prosumer making the step-up
to an HD camcorder. Independent film makers, advertising agencies, and other
videographers will appreciate the improved image quality, and the professional
63 minute tape duration. The DVM-63HD features 90% fewer errors and 50% fewer
dropouts compared to DV Reference tape (tested on standard Sony DV VCR). Get the
good stuff... go for High Definition.
- High Definition Video Recording
- Designed for 1080i or 720p HDV recording
- 63 minutes recording time of 1080i video
- 3dB higher carrier-to-noise ratio vs.
Premium DVC MiniDV tape *
- Conforms to the MiniDV standard, yet is
manufactured with much higher tolerances while incorporating the new AME II
- 90% fewer errors due to 40% increase in
- 50% fewer dropouts*
- 50% less tape shrinkage*
- 3db higher carrier-to-noise ratio*
The additional 3-minutes on the DVM63HD tape is
for test recording. This helps the user calibrate the camera for best results.
You can record the full 63 minutes of 1080i video. When recording in 720p HDV or
in Mini DV mode, you can record 94 min in LP and 63 min in SP setting.
New lubricant improves tape stability running
under a wide range of operating conditions.
- Professional 63 min. length
- Designed for 1080i or 720p HDV recording and
- Sony Part No. DVM63HDR
* vs. Reference DV tape (industry standard)
tested on standard Sony DV VCR